The second post for this blog and the second prompt from the list I found is facts about me. 20 facts in total. I’m not sure I can come up with 20 that won’t step into other subjects from the list but maybe it will help to remind me and inspire those posts. Without further ado, here I go:
- I was born in Hong Kong.
- I’ve been married twice, divorced once.
- I have one sibling – my sister (who is utterly amazing but that’s a post for another time).
- My first pet was…a pet prawn (shrimp) called Percy. (I feel the need to point out that I was a baby and had no say in the type or name).
- I’ve travelled around the world and most of it before the age of 2 and genuinely can’t say how many countries I’ve visited.
- I broke a front tooth when I was little – snapped it clean in half then lost the other half a year or so later. I was then front-tooth-less until the age of 8 or 9.
- I have two tattoos but dearly want more.
- I’ve lived in 3 separate countries.
- My first kiss was at age 16.
- I went to university to study art, more specifically animation.
- I have a ridiculously varied taste in music. (First ever concert – Kylie Minogue <3, best ever concert – Iron Maiden <3.)
- I had an unpaid job at a radio station when I was a kid doing book reviews.
- I have a mushroom cloud-shaped scar on my ankle from burning it on the engine of a motorbike at age 16.
- I met my husband on World of Warcraft. (Druid for life…)
- I’m allergic to weird things. Flaxseeds/Linseeds, Wheat grass and Barley grass.
- I briefly attended an apprenticeship to become and avionics engineer for an airline when I was 17.
- I’m a major Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan and have all 7 seasons on DVD, they’ve travelled with me around the world (I see you judging me…)
- I want to write a book one day. No idea what about, fiction or non-fiction.
- I wrote a letter to the Queen as a child when visiting London. I got a reply.
- I had my palm read when I was about 6 or 7 and was told that I’d own many properties – does living in about 20 different homes count?
Reading over that makes me realise what an odd and varied life I’ve lived so far and I’m only 34 (only, ha!). There’s a lot to see in this world and I’ve been so lucky already, but I know there’s a lot more adventures to be had so maybe next time I try on of these lists I’ll have 20 entirely new facts to reveal. Anything on there interest you? Feel free to ask me in the comments!
We live in such a big and beautiful world that most of us only see a fraction of. Get out there, experience it in all its glory, see the good and the bad, meet the people. They will surprise you, I promise. Go have an adventure, make your own list!